What does College Insights do?
College Insights brings together college data that is usually found in disparate sources, making it difficult to access. The tool allows users to find colleges that match their preferences and filter, sort, and compare the results.
Pre-filtered tabs for merit scholarships, test optional, early decision, early action, and need based aid, allow users to quickly drill deeper to find schools, among their search results, that fit one of these criteria.
Where does the data from College Insights come from?
Our data comes from several sources including:
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Peterson’s (the Common Data Set)
- FairTest: The National Center for Fair & Open Testing
- Data from students themselves on what scholarships and financial aid they actually received
- Information from colleges and universities website about admissions requirements, scholarships, deadlines and pricingSpecific information may change or be updated periodically. We make our best effort to keep information current and accurate but if you notice any issues please contact us at [email protected]
Can College Insights help you find merit scholarships?
Yes! Users can find schools by entering GPA and test scores, then search colleges where these stats are in the 75th percentile. The resulting list of colleges are most likely to offer merit scholarships to students with stats in their 75th percentile. Users can sort schools based on the size of the average merit scholarship amount, along with the percentage of students who are offered merit scholarships.
Can College Insights help you find need based aid?
Yes! Users can find schools by entering GPA and test scores, then search colleges where these stats are either in the average or 75th percentile. The results can then be sorted based on the percent of need a school meets. Schools that have a higher “Need Met” percentage will offer more need based aid to accepted students.
What information can you filter colleges by?
College Insights allows users to enter the following information:
- Student GPA
- ACT or SAT test scores, by average and 75th percentile
- Size of Undergraduate population
- Undergraduate major
- Location by state or geographic region
Based on any combination of the above, a list of colleges will display. Users can further filter, sort, and compare the results. To save individual colleges, users can “favorite” a school by clicking on the heart next to a school. These schools can be added to a list. Multiple lists can be created and named separately.
Who can you contact if you have more questions?
Having problems? We’d love to help! Email [email protected] and we’ll walk you through using College Insights.
Canceling an Account
We hate to see you go but if you do want to cancel, it’s easy.
- Go to your College Insights account or follow this link Road2College
- Log in to your account (if you are already not logged in)
- After successfully logging in, select your name/log in button again
- “Cancel Subscription” will be an option to select
- Confirm cancellation
We will send you a confirmation email shortly thereafter that the account has been cancelled.