As we prepare to gather around the Thanksgiving table with our loved ones this year, let’s do the students in our lives a “solid” and avoid asking the five questions they don’t really want to answer (but get asked a lot anyway). They’ll be grateful for it — and so will you when those awkward moments vanish and everyone can focus on Grandma’s sweet potato pie.
- So, how’s school going? Whether they’re ruling the campus already or they’re still struggling to find the dining hall, the answer is going to be the same, I guarantee it: “Fine.”
- Dating anyone special? Think back to when you were 18. How psyched were you to tell Aunt Karen about the hot guy in your econ class who just asked you out?
- What’s your major? They’ve been in college for less than 90 days. Maybe we should give them a minute.
- Got plans for summer yet? It’s barely fall and they’re still teenagers. ‘Nuff said.
- Are you staying out of trouble? If they aren’t, they’re not going to tell you…..
This can’t possibly be it when it comes to questions students want to avoid being asked over the holidays. What’d we miss? Share your thoughts below!
Use R2C Insights to help find merit aid and schools that fit the criteria most important to your student. You’ll not only save precious time, but your student will avoid the heartache of applying to schools they aren’t likely to get into or can’t afford to attend.
Other Articles You Might Like:
JOIN ONE OF OUR FACEBOOK GROUPS & CONNECT WITH OTHER PARENTS: